Monday, April 7, 2008

Apparently people are scared of drag queens...

Well, it seems to me that people are terrified of my drag persona I call "Da Duchess" whom I used for my "Hot Mess" hair ad. Maybe it isn't queens they are afraid of; rather, the bacon pasties my particular queen had on his nipples...OR maybe his amazing make up and panther tattoo...I suppose when you get right down to the nitty-gritty it doesn't really matter why the ad is scaring people, it just seems to be.

So what I did to remedy this problem was created a new (and sadly, drag-queen-less) ad for those of you who are a little more emotionally sensitive and can't handle the fabulousness of Da Dutchess (aka Double Dutch). The hair is still available only at The Starlust Motel PUDGE location and will be going in my Caribe and Cotton candy locations on Monday (which I know is technically today but i'm far too tired to make that happen right now).

Also, I would like to say that we at The Starlust Motel are thrilled that The Starlust has been such a gigantic success. We are really happy that we've gotten a lot of positive feedback and hope to bring you a lot of new and exciting things in the very near future.

Ciao for now you beautiful creatures you.

Drag-queen-less "Hot Mess" Ad

3 comments:

Stephanie Misfit said...

I just don't understand it. I thought it was a bold and clever advertising campaign, appealing to the desires of men, women and all those in between. Does this spell a sad end for Da Dutchess?

Allegory Malaprop said...

At least Da Dutchess will still be prominently featured with his baby, but still, it saddens me. I think Al may have to get those bacon pasties so he might have the slightest chance of being cool enough to hang out with Da Dutchess, even though he doesn't have even half the flair.

Crystyle Bukowski said...

Don't worry, Da Duchess will still have his moments in the sun. As Allegory stated; Da Duchess is still featured on the front of the 0L Beautiful Baby ad (sporting a gloriously fitting anime style haircut).

Da Duchess will also be making random visits to the Starlust just for the sake of being fabulous and letting some of his fabulousness and fabulosity sprinkle down like draggy pixie dust on the little people.